Gastric acidity, also known as heartburn or heartburn , is one of the most common conditions in humans. As the name suggests, it is triggered by acids in the stomach.
The main feature of this condition is the discomfort and burning sensation felt in the esophageal area . The burning sensation is located on the upper part of the stomach .
To locate the area affected by heartburn, use the lower part of the sternum as a reference point. If the discomfort develops from there, it’s probably a heartburn.
In summary, this type of acidity is the irritation of the esophagus due to the production of gastric juices.
Causes of gastric acidity
Although most causes of this condition revolve around food, the causes are in fact very varied. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Excessive stress
- Drugs (all do not have this effect).
- Irritating foods for the stomach
- Too much portion consumed during meals (morning, afternoon and evening)
Given the causes mentioned above, the treatment is not very complex to achieve. In addition, there are alternatives to avoid or treat it permanently.
Recomme ndations for the treatment of gastric acidity
Food is fundamental. Not only for heartburn, but also in terms of neral health . Here are three tips for avoiding and treating heartburn.
1. Take into account schedules and quantities
One of the most important factors associated with eating is time schedules and the amount of food . Many people do not know how much and when to eat certain foods, especially breakfast, lunch and dinner.
As far as schedules are concerned, exercise schedules, commuting and sleeping hours should be taken into account. Given this, you must consume the portion corresponding to each type of activity, at least two hours before starting.
In terms of quantity, it is ideal to provide the necessary calories in at least 6 servings throughout the day with moderate components. Both of these factors will help prevent heartburn
2. Eat healthy foods
This recommendation not only aims to prevent and treat heartburn, but also to strengthen the health of the body in general. A balanced diet based on vegetables, fish and other similar foods is beneficial for the stomach.
Thus, there will be no need to expel the acids. On the other hand, the digestive process will also be very easy. On the basis of this advice, it is also necessary to limit the consumption of foods that stimulate excessive acidity , such as coffee, chocolate, vinegar, fruit, soft drinks, citrus juices and foods. fried.
What foods to include in the diet?
In order to develop a good food program against gastric acidity, it is necessary to use foods with favorable properties for the digestive system and the treatment of gastric juices, for example:
- Yogurt, milk and cheese: These dairy products must be completely skimmed.
- Egg: at least four a week to regulate blood cholesterol levels and gastric imbalance.
- Vegetables: recommended in this diet. However, we do not recommend eating them raw. To do this, it is better to cook them or boil them.
- Chicken and fish: these are the two most favorable types of meat for the digestive system, recommended in the prevention and treatment of gastric acidity. Consumption of other seafood is also recommended. On the other hand, for red meats, only those without fats are allowed, for example, veal.
3. Correctly choose liquids
Liquids are essential for the digestive process . Depending on their type, the body responds appropriately or inadequately. In the case of heartburn, there are drinks that favor them. The soda and alcohol are a clear example.
Therefore, non-citric natural herbal teas and juices are a great option. In addition to drinking two liters of water a day, as it greatly helps the digestive system